I am going to repost this, tidied up a bit, it answers some of the questions & it backs up what Garfield says about the spaceship going back & forth.
I know, it is just too long, but it will enable you to see & shoot Gulliver.
I've heard him 3 times, seen him twice - managed to shoot him down once.
The spaceship follows the same routes as the balloons do
- I think there are 3 routes for balloons across the town - & he will fly (either way) along one of these east - west routes. The routes are on acre boundaries.
Gulliver comes across the town when you first play the game for the day at 02 or 07 past the hour.
- so if you start playing at 9.30am - be ready with a sling shot at 10.02 & 10.07 - and be waiting on one of those balloon routes
He may fly by at any xx.02/xx.07 time during the day or night, I don't know for sure, but for ease of waiting for him to appear, I have assumed that he will fly by on the first play of the day - ie on the first xx.02 or xx.07 times.
Which balloon route? I have read that he will pass along whichever one you are on, but again I don't know.
Well I tried this info out:
- started the game 10.45am and at 11.07am I saw him - the ship was very close to me
- I must have been standing on the balloon route rather than where the shadow of the balloon falls on the ground
- so the sling shot didn't shoot him down & I was unlucky to have 2 villagers blocking the way so I couldn't move after him.
Plus I was next to a ramp which would also have slowed me down running after him.
So where you stand waiting for him is important - find out your balloon routes - more specifically the shadow routes the balloons make on the ground.
And try the above - its certainly better than never seeing him.
I have also read that if you miss him the first time he MAY appear again in one of the following hours at 02 or 07 past the hour.
Most of the time I have only heard or seen him once per day.
He may have flown by again for me - but as I tend to get on with other things and move out of the acre, I wouldn't necessarily have heard him.
There may be the possibility of him flying by again, if you save & reload the game with another character - something I've not tried.
His visits are random, but if it follows acww then you can expect him roughly every 2 to 3 weeks - tho in theory you could get him fly by two weeks in a row (I never did in acww).
The first time I saw him was on Thursday 14th May (shot at him but missed) & he flew by again on the following Monday 18th May. (this time I shot him down).
So two weeks in a row.
I heard but didn't see him on Monday 1st June (ie 2 weeks later) - I didn't follow the waiting pattern above, just too busy, new month and all.
Gulliver appears on a week day when you have no other special visitor, and because Gulliver is a 2 day affair
- shoot him down one day, see him on the beach the next day (to give him the spaceship part)
- he will only fly by on a Monday through Thursday - but again I don't know for sure if this is correct:
Can't really see why he couldn't fly by on a Friday and appear on the beach Saturday morning? (KK slider is in the evening & didn't stop other visitors in acww).
The time I shot him down:
I picked a spot not far from the West cliff, on the mid balloon route, I started the game around 11.30 am, so was in position with sling shot in hand by noon.
Around 12.05 I got a balloon fly over, I was using a fairly new character, and the balloon was the 3 gold ones, so of course I decided to go for it, totally forgetting Gulliver.
As I picked up the gold slingshot, you get the text box appear, so the character is unable to move for a few seconds
- and the spaceship flies over, time 12.07, flying from the east & as I was near the west cliff there wasn't much time before he left town.
So I had missed him.
Gutted, I didn't move from the area tho, just stood there in disappointment.
Just as well, for within a minute or so he returned flying the other way (ie west to east).
On the same balloon route. I had to run, but I did get him.
I found the cog (space ship part, looks as it did in wild world) soon after shooting Gulliver down, took me about me about 20 mins to find
- it was difficult to see, as it was sandwiched between a tree & a cliff wall.
It was in the general area of where I shot him down
- so it might be worth searching in the acre you shot him down first & move outwards from that.
You don't find Gulliver the day you shoot him down, he will be on the beach the next day, close to his wrecked spaceship.
You have to wake him up, as you did in wild world.
I gave him the spaceship part and I got the Russian dolls (Matryoshka) as my gift.
Good dialog, better than his dialog in wild world.
You can see Gulliver and talk to him with all your characters, but only the character that shoots him down is able to get a gift from him.